View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
kurth
Stock

kurth is on a distinguished road

The car will crank but will not start, it will start up & run sometimes. We can go a couple of days with it running OK, then it will crank but not start..The check engine light comes on with the key on. I also am not able to get any codes from the TCCS.

We have replaced the coil, new plug wire, new plugs, new cap & Rotor, new igniter, main relay in fuse box under hood. We have not replaced the ECM or any other computer type items yet...

As I said oginally, I believe that we have a bad relay or something that when it will not start, I get a negitive feed back on what (I think) is supposed to be a positive feed wire. When I say negitive feed back I mean that when I unhook the positive cable at the battery, touch a 12 volt test light to the positive post, then touch the 12 v test light clip end to the power wire to the fuse box, it lights up.

I am in the process of unhooking/unplugging things to see if I can get the 12v test light to go out, so far no luck...

I have traced the wire in question back to the ignition switch. When I turn the key off or unplug the harness, the light goes out....

- Could the "Circuit Opening Relay" or the "Fuel Pump Relay" give me a negitive reading (like it was grounded) if one of them was bad ??

- Since the wire in question seems to be associated with the ignition switch system, would that mean that the failure would be confined to the engine electrical more so than the cab or chassis wiring ??

I am trying to be as detailed as possible so you know what we have done and what we are trying....I have all the wiring diagrams from everyone.

Thanks

for CRE - The....white....wire....is.....sending....a.....ne gitive.....reading.......the.....
car....will.....crank......but......not......start ....sometimes......just kidding...
Thanks for the help....
kurth is offline   Reply With Quote