View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 06:38 AM   #9
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I was thinking I'd have to run something along the lines of an AEM EMS, but I haven't looked too far into that as the project is still a long way down the road. I happen to have a complete 4M in my garage, perhaps I'll play around with that and see what I may be able to use for my build. Not sure how good or bad the internals are on that, or how beefy the bearing caps may be. I suspect they aren't going to be suitable for my needs, but I won't know till I tear it apart!

From the beginning I knew I would have to build my own wires, I don't have the #3 cylinder head cover so all 7M specific sets wouldn't look or fit right anyway. I'm leaning towards running a set of spiral wound set of MSD 8.5mm's, they claim to have excellent insulation for EMI which I understand is what makes many wires unsuitable for computer controlled vehicles.

As for the E3's.... I've heard MANY mixed reviews on them; many good, and many bad. However, from what I've seen so far I haven't heard anyone complain about such a substantial problem as melting pistons. Granted, that was just an idea I threw out on here and I haven't done much dedicated research on the plugs yet. Cre, you have mentioned before that you acquire much of your knowledge from talking to and listening to reputable mechanics and Supra enthusiasts, so I'll take your warning on the plugs very seriously. I'm back to thinking of starting with some good ole' fashioned NGK's.
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote