View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #1
kurth
Stock

kurth is on a distinguished road
Default Electrical Nightmare.......

High guys......I have feed back in the power wire from the battery to the fuse box..I chased it down to the ignition switch plug wiring.

When I hook up a test light to the wiring going to the ignition switch, unhook the positive cable and touch the other end of the test light to the positive post....it lights up....does'nt this mean I have a short to a ground somewhere in the ignition wiring ???

When I unhook the ignition wiring from the back of the ignition key portion, this light goes out....no more feed back....or if I turn the key off....no more feed back..

WQe are having trouble with the car starting, it seems like the igniter is not getting the message from the ignition, and this is not all the time...it seemd like when a relay or something get hot it keeps the signal from reaching the igniter..?

So we started looking for a bad relay or something and found this wire with I think a "ground" feed back...

OK....so how's that for a mess.......We have unpluged items one at a time to see if the light will go out....so far no luck...do we keep trying this until the light goes out or what.....?????
kurth is offline   Reply With Quote