View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 08:04 AM   #27
supraman623
Intake

supraman623 is on a distinguished road

im actually in the middle of doing the same thing. i have a 95 na that had a manual tranny in it. i have the shop manual for the car and did a lot of research before i started so i knew what i was gettin into. im just a normal guy probably just like yourself with a pretty good knowledge of cars but not a mechanic. it def can be done but it isnt very cost effective. the price really changes depending on if you want to go with a 6 speed or an auto. if you want to do the 6 speed which is the v160 tranny then you will need an entire new driveline as well. this is what i did. i had to find a differential that would handle the power. i got an lsd out of a 94 tt supra for 1300 then i had to buy the motor and tranny and ecu which was 5000 then i had to get the slave cylinder it was about 150. then there was a lot of little stuff like the intercooler and piping an nuts and bolts that i didnt have and so on. im not finished yet but i know wants i have everything in i will probably need to get the motor tuned as well. trust me its a lot of work. if you can i would just buy a tt. hope this helps
supraman623 is offline   Reply With Quote