View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 04:28 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Heh, I was going to suggest a MSD 6' as a possibility.... that or skip the rotor altogether and get a "points conversion" kit and go straight to COP. The stock rotor's fine for that system though.

My preference for wires are Taylor but you have to build them custom for your own app. They do make wires for domestic V8s (ONLY) but I prefer my wires to fit like a glove so I just buy the wire in bulk and build my own.

Forget the iridiums, they last longer but the material isn't actually as conductive as the less expensive plugs (copper and platinum)... they're a high mile plug, not really higher performing IMO. I'd go with NGK copper and see how they hold up; They're cheaper, work VERY well and you're not going to be upset if you find that the electrode on a $1 plug evaporated or the insulator exploded versus finding you need to replace a few iriduims after the first couple experimental drives. Platinum plugs are fine too, but don't get suckered into the boutique components because the manufacturer's say they're the greatest thing on Earth.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote