View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 03:00 AM   #1
bryanf89
3" Exhaust

bryanf89 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 7m on life support

Heres my story, about a month ago i had to towed my car to a mechanic that i been going to for about two months, cool dude. My 89 supra's clutch master cylinder wanted to break on the night i was with a girl, great -__-. The next i towed my car. When i got it back, the mechanic, that i trustED, told me my engine needed a tune up. He fixed everything that needed to be fixed, but now my engine has problems?! He told me he took it home because he didnt want to take a chance of leaving it in that neighborhood and wanted to test out the cylinder. I told him that my engine was running good before i bought it here, not it has problems, what gives?! He told me that the engine needed a tune up that first he started it.

It turns out that sonofabitch blew my headgasket. It was worst than i thought, when i took off the head. He must of ran the engine so hard, that it overheated to the point that the block expanded! Theres a slight gap between the piston and wall, lost compression according to the gauge. I would take legal action, but i have no proof and its bad enough that i towed it over there. Smh, my trust issues have just escalated.

Now, no further digressing. The 7m is on life support and its doesnt seem cost effective to rebuild it. Im going 2jze twin turbo vvti from jdm imports shop in new jersey. My questions are this. Will i be able to use my aluminum driveshaft? I have an apexi power intake kit, can i salvage that also. I also have the blitz nur cat back exhaust, will that be able to stay. Im leaving this supra to the professionals at e shift performance.
Any advice will be helpful thanks.
bryanf89 is offline   Reply With Quote