View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #2
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

First off, you posted in the wrong section... You want to post in the MKIII section.

Second. The stock bolts are fine, you've been given bad info. The probelm is a crap torque spec in Toyota's service publications and people who don't get the block and head resurfaced if there is ANY pitting or warpage before reassembling after a blown head gasket. Actually, the stock bolts are about as robust as ARPs and hold up fine at the ARP head bolt spec.

Third. You're not explaining as well as I like to see... I assume you're saying you've got a GE block, GTE head and some sort of crank.... The heads are the same, the only different on the top id the intake cam; use a GTE one. The bottom end are the same year for year too... there was a change in cranks around 89 though. I recommend using a crank for whatever year the ECU being used if from. Just for cleanliness and longevity.... but the difference is a 250RPM change in redline and balancing. Definitely use GTE pistons. The GTE also has oil squirters, probably worth replacing them when you build this.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote