View Single Post
Old 07-21-2010, 12:54 PM   #23
robertsws
3" Exhaust

robertsws is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

I'm just remembered that just before doing my head job I managed to suck up some water through my air intake and the engine died. I made sure to get the water out of my intercooler and started it back up and it ran ok, but now I am thinking that maybe this did some damage to the internals. I'm going to inspect for spun bearing and wear on the crank and connecting rods.

I've also started pricing JDM engines, specifically the 1jzgte. If I have to do an engine swap I might as well do a 1jz swap, right? If I do, I will have thousands of dollars of brand new parts on my 7mgte that have zero miles on them that will be available for sale.

I'm also considering selling it as is as I really need an imediate driver. There are many new parts installed and some not yet installed. If anyone is interested in something, let me know. That is going to help me make my decision about the engine swap.

Some of the new parts are listed below in my signiture, but I have more, just ask.
3" exhaust, 4" tip
SAFC 2
550cc injectors (2 sets, venom direct fit, RC engineering)
2.5" intercooler and piping
Aluminum radiator w/dual electric fans
ARP bolts w/MHG
Full-auto turbo timer
Fidanza Flywheel & Stage 2 Clutch
spark plugs and wires.
power steering pump
cold temp start switch
engine top end rebuilt
transmission opened up and inspected at a tranny shop when the flywheel and clutch installed last week.

Last edited by robertsws; 07-21-2010 at 01:10 PM.
robertsws is offline   Reply With Quote