Thread: new purchase?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
907mge
20psi boost

907mge is on a distinguished road

Not to rain on your parade but it is an old car that will not hold up to abuse although they are a reliable car they are old. Not knowing your son it is hard for me to say this but you might what to start with something more particle first. What I mean is that I’m sure he will take it out and see how fast it can go. I don’t think there are many people on this forum who have not taken there supra to double the speed limit or more. It is not that the car is not built well but with no airbags by today’s standards its not as safe as a modern car
As far repairs go it will be the little things that will drive you crazy like all the little hoses that will leak eventually and leaks from old seals if you keep it out side. So if it was driven 68,000 miles in 23 years it was driven less than 3000 miles per year so you will be doing almost double that mileage per year. I’m not trying to turn you away but trying to state my opinion. I would hate to see another supra in the junk yard because it got to expensive to fix or worse got wrecked.
907mge is offline   Reply With Quote