View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 05:19 PM   #5
whitetiger777
Intake

whitetiger777 is on a distinguished road

Actulay I find my DSM rather fast. My friend who has the same mods as I do is pulling mid 11's, where as the one time a supra (NA) showed up it was pulling mid to low 14's. The funny thing about the crank walk issue is, for some reason if it hasn't delevoped it by 50000 miles it more than likely wont. Also it has the AWD option you are talking about. It blows somepeople away to see a 97 Eclipse jump of the line with no tire spin or hop. Also hitting your goal of 500 hp is very atainable in a DSM, and cheaper than all your other options.

The RX-7 has the potential to be the fastest. It ways nearly nothing and has an amasizing power plant int it. I hear that some aironotical people are actualy putting the 14B in their airplanes. The problem with the car is that the US forced emission controll on it cause some problems for US cars the the Japanese cars don't have. Such as the cat sits right upnder the turbo causing more heat to the turbo and more heat under the hood. However, there is a kit that moves the cat under the pasenger seat. Also I hear that the plastic fans can melt due to engine heat so they must be replaced with metal ones. Also I hear of random engine fires in that car. I think it's due to the routing of the fuel line...I think. As fot the engine, it can be very strong. The engine takes less stress under boost due to the way the engine is desigened. Think about it in a piston car a piston is constanly being slamed down and pushed back up, which puts a lot of stress on the rods. A roatary engine is just pushed into a circle faster and faster. The problem with most people is they treat it like a piston engine, and it's not. You have to keep an eye on the oil levels because it burns oil like a two stroke, and some other things. The engines can last over 100000 miles if you know how to treat them.

Last edited by whitetiger777; 09-11-2005 at 05:22 PM.
whitetiger777 is offline   Reply With Quote