View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 02:24 AM   #10
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted View Post
I asked him about unplugging the tps and he said I've unplugged it and the idle goes way up. Then hit's fuel cut goes back down, and repeats this process.

so mods, aluminum driveshaft, Spec stage 2 clutch and flywheel (good up to 590 hp) brand new brake system, new calipers/lines/pads/rotors, stainless mesh intake filter(, new 2jzgte TPS/thermostat combo, Optima Red Top 800ccamps, hks downpipe, Custom 3" exhaust from downpipe back with high flow cat, brand new Yoko rubber on the rears, boost/oil pressure gauges,torsen differential,

Those are all the mods...Is 3500 a good price with the tps problem?
Ft Collins?? Is the seller a member on here by chance?

Optima = not an upgrade.
stainless mesh filter = might as well just put a sock over the turbo's inlet if this is any of the brands I've seen tested.
Torsen Diff = Search SupraMania for "grenaded diff"... these are really cool diffs, but the MKIII's torsen does not live long if you're putting down a lot of power or a lot of aggressive launching.

Other than all that, hell, if it's not worth fixing it's worth parting out.... you'd probably break even.

You and the seller apparently don't know what fuel cut is nor what the real fuel cut is. It's not hitting either kind while just sitting there.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote