View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 03:55 PM   #1
bobo4life
Stock

bobo4life is on a distinguished road
Default 1991 7MGTE to 1987 7MGTE

I have a problem. I work at a shop and we have an interesting combination of elements here. I have a 1991 Supra Turbo with an engine MT and ENGINE wire harness that came out of a 1987. THe owner gave up on trying to figure this out, and now its in our lap. I'm wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I'm seeing from difference in the wiring diagrams that there are major differences all around as far as routing and pin configurations. First of all, does anyone know if it will work out? Secondly does anyone know if the ECU is ok to use- mine has the part# 89661-14260 (which from other forums shows to be a 1989 part number which came with the 1991 car). What I need to do is make it run. There are a couple connectors under the dash for the ECU harness and engine harness that are different (some wires at different pins, some not even there on one side or too many on the other). I have a set of connectors to start switching stuff over, but there's missing wires or extra wires that between both diagrams show them going different ways. I'm really frustrated at this thing, and don't even know if it will work. Anything you can advise would be appreciated.
bobo4life is offline   Reply With Quote