View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default Once again

Burp the car. Air in the cooling system did this exact thing to mine. Do a search for Burp.

Park the car facing up a steep hill
Remove the rad cap
Top off the rad fluid
Turn the heater on high, make sure your heater valve is open force it open manually if you have to.
Rev the motor to 3000rpm several times watch it spit and complain as it forces air out of the cooling system
Let it idle with the cap off for 15 minutes while topping off the rad fluid.
Cap it and test drive it.

Preferable to do after you flush and replace with new coolant especially if you see sludge.

Drilling a 4mm hole in your thermostat where the dangle is and cutting the dangle off worked for me.

If this doesn't work repeat a couple more times after test drive.

Don't ever assume a BHG without taking it to a garage and having it tested. Always watch the test being given a tech can blow carbon dioxide into the tester by mouth to give a false positive BHG result if he wants the work bad enough, my tech at my garage showed me how easy it is to fool the public into a bogus huge BHG repair. If the tech puts the tester to his mouth cry foul.

Anytime you open the cooling system you have a great chance of trapping air in the coolant because of the high position of the Heater core relative to the Rad cap. I am doing mine a few times again after replacing the lower radiator hose.

Last edited by batmmannn; 07-06-2010 at 01:34 AM.
batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote