Thread: Speedometer
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #7
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default Speedo

My Dad has an MK3 that has been broken down at his house about as long as mine was. His Speedo just bounced but worked. Annoying to say the least.

Did my first AC evac and charge today. Went OK. My Ac is working. Should be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Cre, when I took off my compressor it had no oil. It was seized. Should I have assumed that the entire system would be dry or near dry of oil. I put about 4 ozs in the drier and the 4 in the compressor. I didn't want to go more in case there was a few ozs still in the condensor, lines and other parts of the system. Being that the compressor was bone dry should I have gone a full 10 ozs? My $9.99 AC compressor off ebay is working just fine and apparently not leaking.

Sight glass is not clear even after 3 cans of refrigerant. When the clutch disengages I see foam, when it reingages and is running I got a bubble or two about 180 psi on the high side and about 34 on the low side.

I did evacuate it down to -29psi and the vacume held fine for like an hour and a half before I went forward and charged it. What do you guys think?

What were you results? Should I have added more oil less?

Thanks

Last edited by batmmannn; 07-03-2010 at 05:27 AM.
batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote