View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 09:13 PM   #6
bowhunter951
Stock

bowhunter951 is on a distinguished road
Default To clarify further...

The problem started as the weather started to heat up (Jackson MS). It started when I would drive my supra (running great) warming it up then park it, not letting it cool all the way. When I would go to start it, it would seem to be missing in one cylinder and the miss would stay there till i parked it and let cool all the way down (hours). After a few months (and it getting hotter outside) A few times it has been running on 3 cylinders but that has not persisted or happened in over a month. Now sometimes it runs great sometimes one cylinder goes in and out while driving and sometimes it exibits the classic symptoms ie (see italics above). I brought it to a good shop(in my opinion and experience) they put new spark plugs and wires on it first, that did not fix it. even thought they said that the missing was from time to time alternating cylinders they tried putting in a new fuel injector in the cylinder that was primarily missing.

The shop said that it had fuel fire and air and that there was no reason it should be missing.

The shop said they checked the fuel and put a new distributor cap on. I'm sure they checked many other possible issues.

When I got it back from the shop I decided to look into the ignition coil I took basically the same one off a 1987 cressenda and put it on the supra when the supra was doing it's stalling thing, but it made no difference.

The only things that I could think of that It could be would be maybe the distributor it's self, the ignitor, or the power transistor in the ignitor, but my guess is that the shop ruled all those potential problems out along time ago.

the car has 50,000 miles on the engine and has great compression in all cylinders.

Help me if you can Please.
bowhunter951 is offline   Reply With Quote