View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #11
Stanghunter
Stock

Stanghunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwilson86 View Post
I'd probably start checking your plugs, wires, and timing (in that order) next. It's possible that your plugs could have been fouled, and the ECU running rich while in limp mode might have fouled them more. Also these cars are notorious for leaking oil into the plug valley, so you may have oil soaked plugs/wires.

When you check your timing, be sure to check your valve timing before you check your ignition timing.
Thanks again for the responses!!

Yes when they brought it over #5 and 6 plug holes where full of oil. I sucked it out with my brake bleeder then pulled the plugs and brake cleaned the holes out. I pulled all the cam cover bolts(all loose) and sprayed brake clean through the bolt holes and re-installed with locktite(blue). I did put 2 new plugs in.

I will put in 6 new plugs in next.

Are the plug wires shot after being soaked with oil? I cleaned them well but I know oil can break down and soak into rubber...maybe still shorting out a bit?? Just want to ask before I spend any more of their money....they already got soaked for $199 EACH for the KS's!
Stanghunter is offline   Reply With Quote