View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 01:37 AM   #31
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default Scare Tactics

Damn Dude,
What's with the scare tactics? If you want a new car go spend 40K. If you want a great dependable car then work on a Supra. I have 1500 or less invested in mine it sat for 7 years in a driveway, I paid a grand for it 7 years ago and let it sit in leaves, not even started for over 5 years. I put less than $500 in it in parts including the tires and I am all over the place driving it. It's awesome.

Don't know where you got your car, but mine is not rusted, and if it is rusted behind the fenders, who freaking cares? Nothing lasts forever and certainly you have no experience with earlier cars cause they rusted off their frames quicker than you could put 100k on them. These cars are platinum compared to earlier cars.

To read your post these newcomers would run for the hills or sell their project cars.

I think your post is unfair to Toyota and the MK3

You can still buy a low mileage garage kept near mint MK3 for about 6K. So why are you claiming you have spent so much time and money? You could have found a real fine no rust Turbo MK3 from CA for this price.

Your post makes little sense to me. If someone doesn't know how to do the brakes then read the manual, watch a youtube video or ask us here, but certainly don't throw up your hands and conclude you will leave a bolt loose then drive off a cliff, actually there is only one bolt you have to take out to change the brake pads anyway. My 7 year old child could do it.

Not slamming you, just don't think your post has a lot of validity or is at all fair to the durability or engineering inherent in every Toyota, especially the MK3.

If you are spending all this time and money on your MK3 it's cause you want to or choose to not because you have to.

The reason we are here is because we want to help each other not scare the begeezers out of people and make them think they will have an additional $5K into their car before they get it on the road after purchasing it. If you look around you'll quickly find that we are driving and fixing our cars for the cost of parts ourselves. That's the intent and magic of this forum!

Scott

Last edited by batmmannn; 06-22-2010 at 01:45 AM.
batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote