Old 06-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
Bodyguy
Stock

Bodyguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochowdero View Post
like i said
alot of parts...
should just get a 5speed without motor and in decent shape and move a/t to there.. easy im think about doing it
Thats not really an option because the car is in showroom condition and we want to keep the whole car......excluding the auto. lol. If you knew nothing of cars and this was in the showroom you would seriously think it was brand new. When the leather started to get a bit worn looking he had the interior re-done. The wheels have been re-finished and all of the weatherstriping replaced. It sits in a garage waiting for someone to drive it but he works to much and its not as much fun with an auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reydio View Post
It's not that hard, you will need a 5speed trans from a donor, R154 or W58.....recommend finding an R154(they are stronger and can handle more power). You will need all the associated lines for the clutch as well as the clutch master and slave. Finally the brake and clutch pedal from a donor. You can keep your current ECU, you will just need to bypass your neutral switch by jumping 2 wires. Also don't forget to go ahead and replace the clutch disk, pressure plate, etc. while your there.

If you can find a trans and can't find the rest of the parts, go to driftmotion.com. Aaron sells the clutch master, slave, brake pedals etc. for 5 speed conversion.

I forgot, you will also need the corresponding drive shaft for the trans you get.
Awesome man. Thanks alot. Thats what I was looking for. Excuse my ignorance but I am assuming the R154 would be the trans from a turbo or twin turbo car? Or is that the motor code?
Bodyguy is offline   Reply With Quote