View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default Motor Swap

Yes there are very little to no differences between the motors. Get a 5 speed Turbo that needs work and then you have it. You want a car that looks rough but has great potential. Often the blown head gasket syndrome scares owners into selling often there is no blown head gasket. There are many causes of overheating. People shouted get rid of it too me and I kept going till I have it all fixed, no blown head gasket even though I had white smoke, overheating, boiling out of my overflow, Many shouted BHG! It was a stripped timing belt and then a stuck new thermostat or air pockets in the heater core.

I used my Black auto 87 Supra to swap parts off of to fix my Red 5 Speed. Now my 5 speed is good to go and my auto needs parts, but between the too I now have one good running 5 speed instead of 2 broken down Toyotas.

In the long run it is far cheaper to get a 2nd car. Parts are getting very hard to find and expensive for these cars. Ebay is a good source for now, but that will dry up over the next few years as well.

Last edited by batmmannn; 06-18-2010 at 09:48 PM.
batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote