View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 02:03 AM   #19
mkiiisupra
Lexus & 550's

mkiiisupra is on a distinguished road

Been awhile since ive down anything, the shop i had do my headgasket job didnt do something right becuase its blow again.
Still not entirely sure its blown but coolant and bearing wear in my oil from an oil analysis. Apon a Compression test all cylinders looked good and were with in specs. She doesnt overheat at all, of course with the massive cooling system upgrades i did a minor (hopefully) blown head shouldnt cuase heating issues....

So next step pulling the engine and doing a full rebuild. Looking to build engine to handle 750/850hp but only want 450 to the wheels. Id like this to be as reliable as possible for daily driving purposes so any tips would be appreciated.

Ongoing list + Prices so i can start saving heh.

Titan motorsports head gasket need to have the head checked to determine how thick.

ARP 203-4202

Lexus AFM//Maybe the LIPP one (not sure if this is necessary becuase i will have a greddy emanage system installed)

550cc RC injectors

Aeromotive AFPR

Walbro 255lph

ATI Dampened Crank Pulley // Titan motorsports also sells a crank pulley im looking at// Beech sells a set of lightweight polished ones i may use for power steering/alternator

AZP Oil Pump Supply Kit

EGT Guage

LC-1 Lambda Cable from what i understand about this i can run a analog signal to ECU as well as a wideband signal to computer/gauge

Sending off my other turbo to Driftmotion for complete rebuild/polish was not happy with the job a turbo place did in houston.

Greddy timing belt

High output alternator, Mines about to go so may as well.

Not sure if i need to replace the rods/pistons

Ongoing list will be updated as i do research with part numbers///pricing//

Any suggestions things i left out please comment. This will be my first engine build.
mkiiisupra is offline   Reply With Quote