View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
joshtexican
3" Exhaust

joshtexican is on a distinguished road
Default Replace Wiring Harness???

Hey guys,

I threw a rod in my 86.5 na. I have a built 7mgte motor on an engine stand that I was going to eventually put in another supra (turbo body). So I am forced to put the 7mgte into my 86.5 mk3. I have the complete uncut harness, ecu, and motor (still putting together) for a 90 model 7mgte.

Question: would it be easier to pull the complete wiring harness out of NA and replace it with the complete wiring harness for the 90 7mgte?? If that were the case, do I need to use the dash as well or is it basically just swapping the harness, ecu, and motor?? - VS - Splicing the NA harness and doing the necessary wire work to make it work the 90 7mgte??

I am in desperate mode to get this car running already and now I am basically forced to put this motor together and drop in the car. I was putting this motor together little by little but now I am making it my priority to drop in my car.

I will start taking the car apart this weekend and any help will be appreciated!! I am waiting on the gasket kit to get here and a few other things I ordered. Hope to hear from some of you more experienced mk3 owners.

Thanks in advance
joshtexican is offline   Reply With Quote