View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
Cinciguy90Turbo
Stock

Cinciguy90Turbo is on a distinguished road
Default Fresh Rebuild. Boost leak?

Hey guys just got the supra back. Fresh rebuild was running like a champ. All of a sudden on the way home from the shop she got really weak at a stop light. I figured maybe she is working out some kinks. The guys told me I would need to replace my BOV because it occasionally sticks. That's fine. It ran good for about a day, then all of a sudden it's hesitating during acceleration (boost or no boost) pretty hard. She idles kinda rough at times, and will hesitate at consistent speed. When I first start it, she runs well cold, but when it warms up she starts all of this. The other day at a light I noticed that there was a pretty good amount of white smoke that came from the exhaust. It stopped after I took off. I noticed it again at idle and smelled it and it smells like she is loading up. I figured boost leak, but if it was a boost leak wouldn't she run bad all the time? And would a sticking/leaking BOV cause all of this? Oh there is a check engine light, but only comes on at highway speeds or WOT at high RPM's, and when I slow down it goes away so I am unable to check.

I can let it idle for 25 min and get warm, then take it out for a drive and it runs great, but after a few miles this all starts happening. Vacuum at idle which is hard to get because it idles funny is about 16-17hg
Thanks for any help guys
Cinciguy90Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote