View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 05:00 AM   #3
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

turbonicsperformance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsoup View Post
As some of you know im in the middle of putting a new headgasket on my mk3 and i was wondering if anybody had any tips and advice for cleaning the top of the block and giving me a smooth surface for the hg. im using a fel-pro hg with the permatex copper spray that i was recommended. I know a stock headgasket is a little forgiving but i would still like to have a good clean surface. im jsut worried about getting stuff in the holes in the block. so any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

i dont like the spray ive seen it cause blown head gaskets it is good for a pitted surface but when it gets around the cylinders it creates uneven points and gives a higher chance of blowing the gasket again gm had a bulletin about it about 2 years ago because techs were using it on the northstar and it would cause a blown gasket
92 miata 7mgte swap forged pistons,studded mhg, 3 inch dp with a glass pack,blowthrough MAF-T,550cc inj, act stage 2 clutch, fmic kit, greddy rs, full wire tuck, rx7 lsd rear with 4.10s. 15psi "ct26-A"??(waiting on dyno #s) if anyone knows whats up with my turbo let me know it has a larger comp wheel nicer machining and 6 dual fins rather than 5? its confusing and keep finding too much contradicting info. would LLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE a compressor map
turbonicsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote