View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 02:05 AM   #5
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

turbonicsperformance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907mge View Post
So the problem is:
I went down to pick up my 1990 n/a at the exhaust shop where the header was extensively modified to fit and installed. They had to bend the down pipe and lengthen the O2 sensor wire which the location is now right in front of the cat.
So I started it and let it run for a minute or two, to warm up a little. Then I was playing with the throttle a little to see how it sounds. That’s when it went wrong, it died. I restarted it and found it easy to start but now running very rich(lots of black smoke) and really rough .
So my thoughts are that the o2 sensor might have got fouled by the burning of the paint because I had repainted the whole header before it was installed. I will be going back down to the shop tomorrow since the car is stuck there. I’m just trying to get some advice since I want the shop to look at it before I start messing with it. I did not disconnect the o2 sensor since it was hard wired in. That was my first thought. So any help is much appreciated, Thanks.
you painted the inside of your exhaust? also the toyota o2 is wierd it could just be because of its placement it reads completely backward of a normal o2 i doubt it would cause this though my o2 is bad and i run 15.0 -15.7 afr at idle warm and 11.3-13.0 afr at wot 3rd gear on a 700-6500 rpm pull the shop might have just missed something or left something unplugged
92 miata 7mgte swap forged pistons,studded mhg, 3 inch dp with a glass pack,blowthrough MAF-T,550cc inj, act stage 2 clutch, fmic kit, greddy rs, full wire tuck, rx7 lsd rear with 4.10s. 15psi "ct26-A"??(waiting on dyno #s) if anyone knows whats up with my turbo let me know it has a larger comp wheel nicer machining and 6 dual fins rather than 5? its confusing and keep finding too much contradicting info. would LLLLLOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEE a compressor map
turbonicsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote