View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 08:59 PM   #17
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default Success!

Got the plenum off, must say it was easy except for those bottom manifold bolts the one closest to the windshield was a BEAR I nearly stripped it trying to get it off. My 6 sided 12 MM went into another dimension when I dropped it working on the bolt. Has not show up yet, not under the car and not seen in the engine bay. Don't you love it when you have to drop what you are doing and drive 40 minute round trip to go get another $4.00 12 mm socket? Damn I hate that but now that the Y assembly is free I am relieved. I can clean up in there now and pull the valve covers and see what is wrong in there. Here are a couple of nasty pics for ya just to keep it real. Thanks You guys, its like having a master mechanic with a flash light by your side when your groping in the dark. What do you do with all this crap and hoses in the way just tie it back? Yes Nailhead I will post what I find in there. It's been a long time a coming... I just feel soooo bad taking away the squirrels little clubhouse like this. Lots of half eaten nuts under the Plenum in there....Scott

Is this the valve tool I need? Its called the valvemaster its $85 on ebay right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFTaeu4GIPo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plenum1.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	3023   Click image for larger version

Name:	plenum2.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	3024  

Last edited by batmmannn; 05-16-2010 at 09:54 PM.
batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote