View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 06:59 PM   #11
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

No dlfred, it's not you....Just really feels like lately right after someone asks a question everyone sticks their fingering in their ears. I deal with with enough of this at work that I guess I'm expending the sum of my patience there. I'm sorry about that. I'm really not trying to attack anyone, just getting grumpy about the whole "but, but, but" replies with no supporting info ever posted instead (not that that would have made any difference, I too had my fingers in my ears). I definitely shouldn't have started complaining about people not searching for the right info right away... that was a knee-jerk reaction.

I don't think any losses experienced from removing this are considerable, but I can't be sure, mine is the only N/A I've ever removed it from but the intake was already significantly modified due to the removal of the VAFM. Personally, I feel the 7M-GE is a platform which was merely *pretty good* for its time; which left the factory putting down pretty close to it's limits. I've seen enough people prove that you can't gain even 10HP with any simple mod and others prove through their own disappointment that by dumping more than a few thousand dollars into the engine you'll still end up putting down under 300HP at the wheels.... so, do whatever it takes to make you like it, just don't do it for power gains and don't believe anyone who tells you these "free power adders" actually work... they don't.

Synopsis: I AM grumpy and bitter. Resonators are not always just an audible noise control. Ar filters open in the engine bay = BAD. Big after market parts manufacturers make and sell what people buy, not always what actually performs. And I need to take a vacation.
cre is offline   Reply With Quote