View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #10
dlfred
3" Exhaust

dlfred is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Here, read through the following link... last time I'm searching info for others. There is a TON of information about this topic by people far more qualified than garage motor heads who half drunkenly assume that added noise = more power.
http://www.supramania.com/forums/sho...ight=helmholtz

K&N makes VERY poor filters by the way (this too is available on the net )... let's also cut to the chase on a couple other things while we're at it: larger diameter intake AND exhaust piping are not always a good idea (ESPECIALLY on a N/A); and a larger air filter that's sitting in a hot engine bay, sucking up air that's 20 degrees or more above the outside air temp causes BIG losses in power. You don't see a huge change in mileage because you're actually getting LESS air.

I'm done. Find your answers and think what you like it's obvious I'm not going to convince you and you're definitely not convincing me.

Cre,
I thought that asking questions and discussing possibilities was one of the benefits of a forum. I did some research but since I consider this site a research spot. I don't mind looking around for answers but what I found here was a concentrated source of info. I am new but without this forum I would have struggled much more. I don't adhere to every opinion posted, it is my responsibility to determine if the info I get is usable. The value of what each person has to say can be supported or dismissed all on the same page.
You have a huge impact on the site when it comes to solid tech help. I appreciate it. If this has become a burden or thorn in your flesh, I get it. I have similar experiences in the motorcycle industry, stupid people are out there.

If I am using the forum incorrectly I would prefer you tell me.