View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #12
batmmannn
12psi boost

batmmannn is on a distinguished road
Default Just started mine after 6 or 8 years

Mine sat because of a bad starter and because I had another Supra. Other Supra developed a head noise so finally I laid in the driveway in leaves and sticks and busted knuckes getting the starter changed from below. Penetrating oil in the jugs overnight in 4 of the 6 cylinders, cranked it pushing oil out the next day, put the old plugs back in and added 2 gallons fresh fuel and it's alive showing a third of a tank of basically paint thinner at this point and its kicking topped off coolant with water for now till I do a flush. Critters had built a nest in left side of exhaust blowing out the muffler so I will need a muffler. Tires were still good but who knows for how long, a relief cause tires cost money for this car.

Scared the shit out of me because it started blowing steam out of the exhaust on a round the block trip, happened as I was going up a large hill. Has cleared out now so I am guessing it had some water in the exhaust. Runs like a car on 8 year old gas and old plugs looking forward to fresh gas and a nice run down these WV windy roads.

Check out my video;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvulf_cNK_Q

Edited today.

You might want to replace your timing belt as well. I think I broke mine today.

Last edited by batmmannn; 05-14-2010 at 04:31 AM.
batmmannn is offline   Reply With Quote