View Single Post
Old 09-04-2005, 06:46 AM   #27
Luin Haden
Stock

Luin Haden is on a distinguished road

There are sooooo many great quality manufactors out there, it all depends on what kind of features your looking for and a price range your looking for.

For example: Lets say you want a MP3 player, but dont want to spend $100 or more. Well it looks like if you cant find one used you are forced to go to Pyle or simular brand. But if you want a MP3 player and can spend up to $200 on a player there are numberous brands out there. Panasonic and Alpine pops in my head first. The display may not be fancy, but you get the basic MP3 player that will play cds with a average of 120 songs!!

Also something to look at is warranty. If a company has a long warranty they believe in their product and knows it will last. You may find a awesome deal on factory refurb products which mean they have been sent to the factory for repair, but instead of fixing them on the spot the company just sends out a new unit for exchange and finally gets to fixing the original unit. Factory refurbs are great if you dont expect having the equipment for longer than a year or so.

I could write a book on the subject of brands, but you need to get out there and get reviews from people that run it on the streets. Find "Joe Blow" that has had the same equiment for years and get with the shop/place he bought it and ask questions and hopefully you will leave with a supra full of speakers, amps, and a kick ass cd player with the option fo satellite radio.

I personally have ran the same companies for years and will do so for many years. I run clarion/panasonic for headunits, run Zapco for my amps and eq's, and run Cerwin Vega/Treo for my speakers (highs, mids, and subs) and have not had any problems with any of it.
It isnt pretty now, but just wait.
Luin Haden is offline   Reply With Quote