View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #8
professorbob
Intake

professorbob is on a distinguished road
Default Seals and gaskets

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraflymkiii View Post
Since you'll have the engine out of the car you might as well order a gasket and seal kit and replace all seals and gaskets. Check the turbo for shaft play if it has a little its fine but if it has so much that the compressor wheel rubs the housing then its time for a new one, also make sure the inside of the turbo isn't covered in mass amounts of oil. I don't see many other things on these things going bad except for internal parts but I don't thkink yhou'll want to rip into the whole engine.
I know that during the timing belt change, I will need to replace gaskets there. I also will be installing a new water pump and gasket. I located a kit including both on ebay for about 90.00 including shipping. Any thoughts on brand or type?
I suspect that the valve cover gaskets need to be replaced. And for sure I will be replacing the exhaust manifold gaskets. Any suggestion about removing the manifold bolts? I sure would hate to ring one off. I do not suspect and leak in the head gasket. But should I check the bolt torque?
professorbob is offline   Reply With Quote