View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 07:25 AM   #18
pwpanas
Supra Owner

pwpanas is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgdm007 View Post
Ok so I found a toyota master mechanic that has experience with supras and the 6 speed. He said that there is a chance that either the dealership that I bought it from didnt put the clutch/pressure plate, they installed the flywheel improperly, a bad throwout bearing, as well as many other things or even it could even be the gear box because the metallic clunking noise I hear when I push in the clutch only happens when I am driving and not when I am sitting in neutral . So I told them to go ahead and take out the transmission, the mechanic was actually a really cool guy, and even when the service manager walked away the guy was really cool and helpful, not like any other lexus or toyota dealership ive ever worked with, the manager was really cool too! The guy before I even paid for anything or asked to pull the transmission, the mechanic was looking of gear boxes and transmissions, where he could get them from and how long it would take to get each one with a price, which was really cool. I decided to get the fidanza flywheel and am replacing the slave cylinder and master cylinder while im doing all this work too. Il give you an update on what my situation is as I get more info.
Are you sure you need a new clutch slave cylinder and master cylinder? It's very rare for either of those to go bad...

NB: Please consider posting any help requests in a new thread instead of asking me for help privately. About 99.9+% of the time, private help requests end up covering great information that could be very valuable to other forum members. If you have a good reason for needing the help request to be private, I'll consider it. If not, then why not give everyone else the opportunity to pitch in too, and/or learn from the information? Remember, there's no such thing as a dumb question. We're all here to help within this family of Supra owners.
pwpanas is offline   Reply With Quote