View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
professorbob
Intake

professorbob is on a distinguished road
Default Turbo Supra 1968 Engine/transmission removal

I own a 1986 turbo that has been stored since 2006 because the A430 transmission went out. Will not pull itself out of the street forward or reverse. I just sold a 1970 240Z I have owned since 1971 to raise the capital for the repair. Really hated to see it go as there were lots of great memories there, but I am now ready to pull the engine and transmission to have the transmission repaired. I located a guy who will do the rebuild for a $1,000 if I bring him the transmission. I decided this would be better to come out with the engine and trans. as a unit, as I need to attend to an exhaust leak and do a timing belt replacement, and just generally go through the system to bring them up to speed.
This will be our daily driver once back in the road.
Anyone want to by my '86 Mercedes 420SEL?

At one time I had the URL for a site that gave a very easily understood way to pull the engine with some short cuts.
I remember it said the hood could be removed and laid on the top with a padding underneath.
The person seemed to have done this several times and it was very logical. Unfortunately, I have been unable to remember the site or find the address I saved.
Do any of you have some time saving suggestions. I have the good fortune to have a friend with a four arm lift and also have the engine hoist to make getting around and under the vehicle easier.
I will be looking for solid advice on the type of belt kit to purchase at reasonable prices and any other tips you may have

I would appreciated any suggestion.
Thanks
Robert

1987 Turbo Supra Targa top "In Development"
1987 Volvo Sedan "For Sale"
1986 Mercedes Benz 420SEL "For Sale"
1982 Dodge Maxi Van Custom "For Sale"
1994 Ford E350 Hot Air Balloon Chase bus conversion "In Development" and "Not For Sale"
1986 Hot Air Balloon "Not For Sale
www.balloonsafari.com

Last edited by professorbob; 05-11-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: typos
professorbob is offline   Reply With Quote