View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 04:25 AM   #3
Semper_Fi
3" Exhaust

Semper_Fi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraflymkiii View Post
When you say put a washer in your wastegate I think you mean shimming the wastegate actuator with washers. If you're rebuilding the engine I would break it in first and after its broken in go ahead and shim the wastegate as it will allow you to boost higher and hold boost longer. As for the downpipe I don't see why you wouldn't want him to make one if he can make it 3" from the turbo and eliminate the turbo elbow that would be awesome. That is if he charges you a reasonable price otherwise you might as well buy one. With everything rebuilt back to stock specs you shouldn't have a problem doing bolt on mods or pretty much any mods for that matter. Once you start pushing for over 400hp you might want to look at forged internals but the stock bottom end in the 7m is very strong if maintained well.
Thanks!!! yeah he aint charging me to do the work... we go way bak... i helped him build his 10 second corrolla, then called it when he was gonna breake it... straight pipe wont cause a problem will it?
Semper_Fi is offline   Reply With Quote