View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:59 AM   #23
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Resetting the computer is easy enough, just remove the 15 Amp EFI fuse from the fuse box under the hood. It's supposed to only take about 30 seconds to reset, but I always leave mine out for a few minutes.

I'm not sure how it could be reacting so quickly, but I do know that different supras react differently to aftermarket BOV's. Some will run just fine, some will not let you shift at all without it dying.

Wish I had more answers for you as far as why it's happening now

Since your bov is welded on, you'd have to replace the pipe if you changed the valve out. OEM pipes are plastic lol

Oh, and the cone air filter.... Basically it was a universal 3 inch air filter (like a K&N cone-shaped air filter). You remove the factory air box from the AFM and in it's place you can install an adapter that bolts up to the AFM on one side and allows you to clamp on an aftermarket air filter on the other side. As long as you use a decent quality air filter, you can safely allow the engine to quickly draw larger volumes of air into the intake, creating more power and better throttle response
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote