View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 AM   #21
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

Well, the only thing I can think of is that the ecu has time to realize what happened and fix the fuel curve as the engine revvs down.

I was reading an earlier post of yours and you said that it doesn't die off after full boost, so I'm assuming during these times you reach a higher rpm which could help support my above statement.

Fixing the problem, AFAIK, would require either tuning in some way (piggyback ecu or something along those lines) or replacing the aftermarket BOV with a factory or an aftermarket bypass valve (they do make them). You usually don't get the same sound, but they provide better performance over an OEM one. If your donor car is a turbo and has the required parts, swap them in and go for a drive. If it still happens then that's not the problem, but I really think that will fix your problem.

FYI, when I had my 7MGTE I put an aftermarket high-flow cone filter and a AFM adapter on mine and it made the turbo spool and OEM BPV much more audible
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote