View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 01:16 AM   #12
jtown125
Intake

jtown125 is on a distinguished road

(CRE)......... I'm not trying to be mean or what not. I joined the forum list to have someone help me out. Your suggestions make no sense to me. I'm not someone who doesn't know anything about cars. I have been working on cars all my life. Vacuum leaks will cause a lot of things to go wrong. But if it was a vacuum leak it would struggle to die, same as a throttle position sensor and everything to that extent.

And neutral is neutral no matter what, a vacuum leak would affect it when it is sitting at idle just the same as it would be while putting it in neutral while driving down the road, your still running the same rpm's. I don't have a reader I said that. I don't know what bos stands for. I do know that the only thing that isn't stock is the cd player. Which could possibly have something to do with it if it wasn't wire up right...anything is possible.

Explain to me how a vacuum leak would cause it to shut off only after shifting up from 4th gear to neutral? A throttle sensor usually makes the rpm's go wacko whenever it is going bad. Thats why a sensor doesn't make sense to me...even though I can't check it in the first place... I could on the other hand, just go undo the neg. cable and reset the ecu. If it is a sensor the computer will erase it till it happens again.

These are the things that make most sense to me: A short in a wire, a bad ground, maybe even the clutch pedal sensor? (i would think it would mess up other than 4th to neutral though),

I drove it all day today. It died everytime after 4th to neutral. After 20 minutes of driving. I turned the car off, let it sit for about 15 minutes. And went off driving again. I tried to avoid 4th to neutral. But its a habit. The little time i did have it in neutral was shifting back down into second...and i drove for about an hour, and it didn't shut down once.

I don't like to waste time and money, i don't have money. And i need it to be fixed. But suggestions that don't make sense to me I can't see myself pursuing without a good explanation of how it would cause it to affect it in that way.

The only thing that made sense to me of your earlier post is the sharp drop in rpm's affecting the intake.

But y would it not die after pushing the turbo hard and letting off?
Like how you would break a motor in.
Going from +6 to 0 is a sharp drop to the intake,
unless it bypasses it some how. But turbo burns everything
over again, so I don't see how that is possible.

On the flip side of that with the intake pushing back?
Wouldn't a big amount of back pressure do the same thing?
3,000 to idle with to much back pressure...
i see that making it shut off...
the computer sees that there is to much pressure and
shuts it down.

On most of the new cars there is an Automatic SHUT DOWN Relay and switch....
But i don't think that the supra has one.

At the same time...Y only 4th to neutral?
The rpm's are still as high and the pressure will be still as much
shifting from 2nd back to neutral...but it hasn't shut off once like that.

What does the higher gear have to do with it?
If anything?

Last edited by jtown125; 04-30-2010 at 01:39 AM.
jtown125 is offline   Reply With Quote