View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #10
jtown125
Intake

jtown125 is on a distinguished road

By the way its an 89 mkiii turbo supra. And let me go ahead and say it IS NOT DYING!!!! There is no struggle or what not. IT SHUTS OFF. I don't see a vacuum leak causing that, if a vacuum was leaking it would make it run like shit at all rpm's. AND believe me... IT RUNS GREAT!!!! I'm down to it being an electrical connection of some sort, I don't know where it is at, and I don't know how to pinpoint it either. I know the second i put it in neutral FROM 4Th gear it shuts down, especially if i move the shifter side to side. But it starts right back up and i can put it back in fourth gear and it will never show any problems while in gear. It only shuts off after 4th gear to neutral. I don't think this is just a practical thing that can be known about because im sure that there are many things that could cause it. When i wiggle the shifter in neutral and it shuts down faster, that makes me think i'm making a connection or wire do something its not supposed to. I don't know if there is a ground wire on the shifter, or that goes down to the top of the transmission. And i don't have an obdI reader right now, so getting the code isn't going to be possible. And i don't even think it is throwing a code cause everything shuts down, nothing responds.
jtown125 is offline   Reply With Quote