View Single Post
Old 04-26-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
Cameroonski
3" Exhaust

Cameroonski is on a distinguished road
Default Crazy Electrical issue with EFI system

My car was running great untill it decided not to start. It cranks just fine but the fuel pump isn't getting power. It has done this before- last time it randomly didn't work and an hour later it did. One time it happened I think and I replaced the power main relay and it fixed it(but i dont think these are even on the same circuit). But this time I am very confused.

I could not figure out why the EFI main relay wasn't clicking. I was getting power to it from the fuse, but not to the resistor side (my memory is being tested here so i apologize for errors). I go back to it a day later, try it, and the relay clicks... but the EFI fuse was blown(what!?). I replaced the fuse and the car still was running fine. I clean up, and thirty minutes later it didn't work again(crank, but still no power to B+ on the diagnostic grid by the junction box).

I made sure the ground from the EFI relay was good... and the circuit opening relay seems to be working. The only other thing going into that relay (besides power from the fuse through to the circuit opening relay... i think) is M-REL from the computer through the resistor to ground. So is my problem the computer? I know it isnt the relay... ive tested about six of them with the horn(cuz it uses the same relay) and the fuse is good (now) and the ground is good. AND, i replaced the junction box with another one. So... wth? (also.. if i run power to... what i think would be the resistor side of the relay terminal (memory is hazy) it works, but when the car is running with this rigged up it idles weird and gives codes for either RPM pulse or Air Flow Meter or something like that.)

Any help would be great. thanks.
Cameroonski is offline   Reply With Quote