View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #2
midwestmk2
3" Exhaust

midwestmk2 is on a distinguished road

As far as headgaskets i would go with the HKS 1.2m. You will also need to have the head milled to garantee that it is square and will seal properly..By doing so you will also raise compression slightly and in turn a few extra HP.. I would also torque the head bolts down about 20ftlbs more than the tsrm recomends if you go studs then go up to 40ftlbs more.. Now the cams i have heard good things about the GUDE cams although HKS "did"
make cams for the 5mge but you will have to find a set of used ones or have some custom ground to there spec which you would need them for someone to copy anyway.. Good luck on the build i gave up on my 5mge days.. Ive been through 5 of them in 4 years.. Im going to do a SBC swap now..
83 p-type,5spd,4;10 gears,New 86 cressida 5MGE 195hp,HKS metal head gasket,Cressida injectors,d-port intake runners,No EGR,No cat,Tweaked MAF,Custom cold air intake,Custom rear strut bar,Perfection clutch,Custom 3inch exhaust,4inch bazooka muffler,,Only 2700lbs,, COME AND GET IT!IF YOU DARE!! Please no Honduuuuhhhs!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/858848/2
midwestmk2 is offline   Reply With Quote