View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 04:28 AM   #13
turbonicsperformance
3" Exhaust

turbonicsperformance is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre View Post
Agreed, sounds full of it. The engine management you'll need to get this power out of a Supra will run you over $600 (and that's the bargain bin equipment)... add another $600+ for injectors large enough and you're already at half your budget.

And there are better than Cometic. Cometic makes a nice gasket and it's VERY forgiving if you can't get the head and block machined clean, smooth and flat enough for a real monster like the HKS Stopper.

You remind me a LOT of another fellow who USED to be on here... start giving crap advice and you'll follow suite. Keep it cool when you get challenged on here and stop laying it on so thick. That's the only warning I'm giving.

im not giving crap advice actually i didnt give any advise at all so please dont insult me or my knowledge i do this for a living i know what im talking about and i may not have built a 7m before but the basics are the same between all engines also i wasnt getting angry or anything like that it may have seemed that way through the wonders of text but i wasnt and im sorry that it seemed like i was and i already priced out my injectors and they were alot cheaper than 600 for new 1400cc i was quoted 275 and thats if i dont like the injectors that come with the kit they are said to be 1400cc but idk how accurate their ratings are being that the kit is so cheap and last i was thinking of running the "juicebox" setup which i could find used for close to nothing if the piggyback system wont do enough but im sure it would except for timing

ps the evo made 850 on our mustang brand awd dyno its actually the lowest reading dyno in fl. it has a correction factor of 16% compared to a dynojet so to get into it the evo makes 986whp according to most dynos ... therefore i really dont get why 900hp is so unbelievable do these engine just run extremely inefficient or something? we build 500-700 hp subarus and 240s all day long there all 4 cyl so my straight 6 should make 900 easily maybe even running meth or water injection if necessary
turbonicsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote