View Single Post
Old 04-05-2010, 05:12 AM   #4
cre

Toyota
Racing
Development

cre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond reputecre has a reputation beyond repute

Always hard to tell from a picture, but the erosion between the cylinder bore and the water jacket are enough to stop me from just slapping it all back together. Overall though the surface isn't clean enough IMO, the indentions from the rings, the pits from the former HG, scratches.... and so on.

Connor, were you loosing coolant or did the coolant have an excessively high pH before you pulled the head off or before the HG blew (if it did ever blow in a big way)? As clean as that piston is compared to #5 it's been seeing a fair amount of water.
If something breaks or you need to contact a member of the administration please post HERE. Unless it's a private or administration matter please post it on the forum. It benefits no one else if car related questions aren't posted for future users and takes away from the time I'm able to spend helping on the rest of the forum.

If you're so inclined I'm always more than happy to accept tips via PayPal.
Tip Jar --->
cre is offline   Reply With Quote