View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 04:59 AM   #1
cvbikeguy
3" Exhaust

cvbikeguy is on a distinguished road
Default Lightening Build

so i was contemplating my next move after finishing my engine rebuild (not touching that thing ever again). so with much thought im starting a lightening build or i guess i could say tear-out?

ive searched and it havnt found anyone actually posting pics of them mutilating their precious mkIII in hopes for better handling and speed.

also note that i probably wont be doing much mods to the engine since me and the girl are saving for the *whisper* 2jz vvt-i. yea i know everyone always says this but hopefully ill follow through. hell i did the rebuild right?

anyways why put any more money into this n/a? so now its weight reduction and suspension (paint, tint, speakers, and rims for the lady. gotta make her happy too right?)

whats coming out?

1. a/c (already got a girl and she doesnt want hers either)
2. rear windshield wiper motor
3. front seats replaced
4. rear seats removed
5. carpet, sound deadening crap.
6. have AAA card so tire and jack is removed, corolla s is daily driver anyways
7. i dont know for sure on this but wikipedia (yea im a nerd) says the manual transmission weighs less than the auto? i was going to do this swap anyways but hell if it takes off more weight then im cool
8. cruise control
9. battery relocation

dont think were going to take off anything more than this. were only taking off what we know we can fix and re upholster. im hoping that this as well as suspension mods will bring out some performance. and hey, its fun

ive been trying to research on how much exactly everything weighs but it seems like everything is just guestimates soooooooo

IM WEIGHING EVERYTHING!!!

i hope this thread helps those that want to do the same.
cvbikeguy is offline   Reply With Quote