View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 08:21 PM   #1
supraluver4life
3" Exhaust

supraluver4life is on a distinguished road
Default fuel problem?.... i think

so i have a 1987 toyota supra turbo. fairly stock, full three inch exhaust with a divorced downpipe, new apexi intake filter, and a stage 3 clutch. so my problem i beleive is related to fuel. so heres what happens. when i have around a quarter tank off gas and i go for a hard pull (WOT) it accelerates and then cuts out, then accelerates then cuts out. it does this quite a fe times durring acceleration. then even if i dont floor it, say 1/2 throttle, it does it still does it. its like vroo... vroo... vroo (with a little wheel slip in between), instead of vroooooom! I am really confused about what the problem is. it seems like it is hitting fuel cut but i am only running 6-8 psi. and it only ddoes it when i have 1/4 tank of gas or less (which is most of the time lol). I am thinking maybe the fuel pump is going? but idk. about six months ago it was doing it really bad, when i had more than a half tank of gas. then i changed the fuel filter and it sopped for a few weeks. the filter i pulled out had fairly cleen gas going in one side and on the other side dark redish brown gas came out. after it started happening again, i changed the filter once more. and this did nothing. still does it. but when i pulled out the second filter it wasnt very dirty. so basically what im thinking is that either i have a terribly filthy gasolina tank or my fuel pump is about to hit the shits. im not sure but any feedback about this would be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance!

i will try to take a video off it within the next week or two but i am out of town and wont be back to my car for about a week or so.

"Not driving a car because its too nice, is like not fucking your gf so shes still tight for the next guy"
supraluver4life is offline   Reply With Quote