View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
Supra Saiyan
3" Exhaust

Supra Saiyan is on a distinguished road
Talking 7mgte swap vs 1jz swap

Just a simple thought. My goal is 350hp. I have a 7m N/A engine right now. I can get a 7mgte for $2100 with the man. transmission and all the wiring etc. I also have the choice for a 1jz twin turbo with man. transmission and all the wiring etc. for $2000.

Obviously it would take less mods if I went with the 1jz. However would I still be able to keep the air conditioning? Among any other things that one might like to keep his/her car a daily driver.

Also, I would like to know about how much if any mods are needed for the 1jz swap. I know there are some mods but if someone could throw some type of "MEASUREMENTS" in time or (easy,medium,hard) level of mods. I will be having it professionally done so I am not to worried but am wondering if the money it would take to do 1jz swap including the engine and man tran price will come out to be equal to or better than doing a 7mgte swap and then modding it.

I mean doing the 1jz swap puts me right into 280hp. That's not a far cry from 350hp. I could do the normal mods after that such as exhaust system, intake, etc.. Thus saving me some money due to less over all mods.

Yes I understand parts for the motor are harder to get or more expensive.

Someone help me out here with my logic... Please try not to ref. me to another thread unless it has a simple direct answer to my question.
Supra Saiyan is offline   Reply With Quote