View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Benesesso
3" Exhaust

Benesesso is on a distinguished road
Default Easy Way to Bypass Theft Deterrent System

Wife's '90 turbo Supra stranded her in a Home Depot parking lot. Wouldn't crank. Told her via phone to try locking/unlocking doors. No help. Told her to find and pull the "DOME" fuse from underhood fuse block, still no help.

I drive over, try everything I can think of including disconnecting battery for a while, no help. Left battery disconnected. Had car towed to local Toyota dealer--dropped off after they closed.

Next day Toyota mechanic hooks battery up, car fires right up. No charge, got free car wash too. But that is the LAST time this car is gonna pull that stunt. I don't need that complicated factory system-I have my own "jumper plug" that gets pulled out when the car is parked, and it won't start w/o the plug in place.

I've spend 2 days reading a lot of posts here on the TDS. If I simply jumper the wires together for the hood latch switch while the TDS is off, will that work as per a post from years ago? That is supposed to prevent the TDS from arming itself. Do I need to do anything more?
"You see, wire telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? Radio operates the same way: You send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is there is no cat." A. Einstein

1988 and 1990 Turbo Supras
Benesesso is offline   Reply With Quote