View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #2
Krem
3" Exhaust

Krem is on a distinguished road

According to wikipedia and another forum I saw where TEMS was in discussion regarding a Solara. TEMS stands for Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension. Sounds like you got a norm and a sport choice you can toggle between, which effects the suspension damper rates. According to wiki, there's a third TEMS option available that only engages during wide open throttle, hard breaking and/or high speed maneuvers. Perhaps that might be what the additional row is for. That's my best guess anyways, don't have a toggle on my suspension, only my auto transmission to obtain different gear settings (shift points I believe, doubt the gear ratios can be altered on the fly). I'd imagine that one of the two light up when this third set of rules is engaged. Maybe someone can give a more precise answer, this is just a result of my wiki researching.

Edit:
Not sure since I don't have the suspension toggle myself, but I'd think it'd be ok to drive in sport normally. Would also imagine it'd be worse to keep toggling between the two suspension setups while in motion.
Krem is offline   Reply With Quote