View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 02:40 AM   #5
chinesedawn
Intake

chinesedawn is on a distinguished road
Red face

hehe.... the filter come with the car when I bought it so I don't really know how old it is, I felt my car don't have enough power so I checked the air filter and spark plugs, it looks really old but not that dirty when I pull it out(I can't see red color at all even after I clean it, the filter supposed be red I think) and then I realize the spark plugs more likely is the main problem...."They are swimming in the oil"

Do I have to change the air filte? Any good suggestions what brand is better and not too expensive? Actually I think( just I think) the normal one is good enough for 7mge, if my old K&N need to retire.

And!! All my spark plugs are all in the oil, no misfire, could it be the problem of my supra poor accleration( it is OK but compare to others....) and eat lots of gas in short trip? ( that is the only problem I have, the engine runs smooth and no noise, no DTC.....the feel of my 7mge just like a brand new 4 cyclinder engine, runs good but not enough HP and Torque....)

Last, how important it is about the fuel injector's oil ring seals, when I rebuild my engine the gasket set doesn't go with fuel injector seals, my bose ready to kick my out of shop at that time, I try to hurry so I didn't change them with the new one, I checked all the seals , no damage but the rubber is little bit hard which I don't know they suppose like that or not.
chinesedawn is offline   Reply With Quote