View Single Post
Old 03-13-2010, 11:31 PM   #4
MA70-3.0GT
12psi boost

MA70-3.0GT is on a distinguished road

Well this has me beat, changing the stat on a 7m couldnt be easier. If you dont mind losing the coolant and topping up with new you can just undo the 2 bolts and pull the housing back then do the swap. Theres no gasket just a rubber seal.

Tbh i think its a typo and youre asking if cams etc need to come out for a hg change. They dont have to, but it's advisable to remove everything from the head in case any machine work needs doing and also to lap in and gap the valves since you may as well do this while its apart rather than finding issues here after fitting the new hg.
To be honest theres little point trying to take shortcuts with this engine and rushing an hg can come back to bite your wallet HARD!
The tsrm is great for stripdown/test/repair procedures and always the first place i look now, just bear in mind its torque figures for the head are WRONG! Its 78 not 58 and to be honest tighter seems to be better (i went to 93)...

'89 Honda NC27 400, NC23 cams, open pipe, PC36a shock & possibly Showa USD forks...

'83 Yamaha 29R XJ750E-II, number 69 off the line, only runner in the country? Original except Koni shocks

'95 Honda PC26 CB500R, Winter hack, hateful, trying to sell it
I'm not paranoid, they really ARE after me!!!
MA70-3.0GT is offline   Reply With Quote