View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
btwilson86
Super Moderator

btwilson86 is on a distinguished road

It's all good, I was just bein stupid

Unfortunately, most exhaust upgrades will need to be swapped out when you do your swap. The turbo supras seem to work best with about a 3 in exhaust, whereas a N/A requires something a little less (I believe around 2.5 in). You may want to run a lower end cat-back exhaust for your N/A for now (Pacesetter's are only a couple hundred bucks, and they're ok) and put a nice, full exhaust system on when you swap your engines out.

As for the filters, IMO a K&N will be fine as long as you maintain it properly. It is better than the stock paper filter. Most people run a higher quality filter, usually a dry flow filter (one that you don't have to oil). I can't remember which one it is, but Apexi or AEM make a highly recommended dry filter that many users are using in their rides.
Driftmotion 57trim CT26, Upgraded Intercooler, 2.25" Hard Pipes, 3" Turbo Back Exhaust with Test Pipe, HKS VPC w/GM 3 bar MAP sensor, APEXi S-AFC, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, ProSport EVO Series Boost / Fuel Pressure / AFR gauges, Lotek a Pillar Gauge Pod, HKS Type 0 Turbo Timer, Eibach Lowering Springs, Tokico Illumina II TEMS struts, custom powder coated Motegi Racing TrakLite wheels
btwilson86 is offline   Reply With Quote