Thread: maft question
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
El Supracabras
3" Exhaust

El Supracabras is on a distinguished road

Thanks cre, I'm glad you answered. You seem to be the final word in many posts and I noticed you run a maft as well.

Correct I was thinking of using 2.5" pipe from the intercooler to the 3.5" sensor, then back down to 2.5 pipe and into the t/b using silcone reducers on the sensor. This seems like a big transition to me and I only ask because I already have these and they are new. If it will negatively affect the performance, well then I guess I have either a 2.5" upper hardpipe or a 3.5" sensor for sale or trade for more useful pieces. Is there even any practical benefit to using such a large sensor (made for a 6.0L!) on car thats goals are under 500HP? Would a 3" sensor would be sufficient? I like the idea of bumping it up a foot before the sensor but I would still need new hardpipe and given the ammount of room in that area might put the sensor pretty close to the hot turbo.

I do plan on tuning the fuel as much as I can to compliment the other upgrades and keep the engine off the stand as long as possible. I do have a wideband and an safc2 (not used for afm,just knock/tps/rpm/looks cool) to watch sensor readings and let me know if im getting into trouble.

I would like to get the most out of the maft setup and make sure the sensor gives smooth and accurate readings. I'm really after the quick throttle response that this set up has a reputation for. Thanks again.
El Supracabras is offline   Reply With Quote